Friday, November 18, 2005

Rubbish (again)

More rubbish!Everything I predicted has come true. First we had blue bags, then we complained and got a wheelie. Then nobody collected it. A fortnight later, school holidays, the kids were riding my wheelie and I had to put it away, it wasn't collected again. Another week and loads of bags show up in the area so I join them but there's an obstruction, a couple of bags go (maybe by themselves having probably grown legs by then)and the rest are left. I think of complaining but I've given up. I nearly asked a bin man, struggling up the High Street pushing two recycle bins but he says "seemed like a good idea at the time"I think yeah probably was, on paper.On a positive note, Swanage will have a plague soon and we will all be famous, there will be a film and a book made, but at that point we may get back to weekly pick ups... hooray!Mr Royston Vasey

--
Posted by Anonymous to swanage view at 11/18/2005 03:54:24 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What our council is expecting is that we go back to the middle ages, where the rubbish is dumped anywhere.

I notice already the increase in black bags dumped around the town near the litter bins.

Surely some one will wake up to the stupidity of the two week collection.The next thing is they will have to employ a full time rubbish source detective as in the big cities.

The Postman said...

I am in dispute with Purbeck District Council over their refuse collection. Because of their refusal to admit that there are times when the normal house refuse cannot be put into the allowed bags.

I have taken taken this dispute to the Council Ombudsman.
Their answer (The Council) so far is that you can take it to the dump,or you can pay £15 to have it removed.

It seems to me, that the whole idea of paying Council tax is to ensure that this is done.

I am a disabled war pensioner, there is no way that I can take it to the dump. Nor am I willing to pay to have it removed..That surely is the Councils responsibility?

I have put outside for collection some large cardboard boxes.,A fire hazard indoors..I wonder how long they will stay there?

--
Posted by Anonymous to swanage view at 12/01/2005 10:27:25 AM