I would be interested in joining or setting up a Swanage Canoe/Kayak Club, for two main reasons. Firstly, canoeing is more safely done (perhaps should only be done) in company; and secondly, with the state of my knees, it seems an ejoyable way of getting some exercise.
Several questions arise:
1. Is there such a club already?
2. Is there any support for such a club?
3. Has it been tried before? If it has, and it failed, what were the reasons for its failure?
4. Would the Town Council provide some secure storage space for the canoes, perhaps by erecting a cage in one or two of the spaces in the boat yard?
5. Are there any qualified canoeists out there who would be interested in providing training?
6. I'm aiming at people aged 16 to 100 - so no excuses!
7. Any other comments?
Posted by SK to swanage view at 3:16 PM