Remember that PDC are currently consulting on modifications to the Core Strategy, which dictates what can be in the Swanage Local Plan. This ends on 31st July and includes proposals that Swanage has:
- 200 homes outside the extension settlement (and about 700 within the town)
- Supermarket expansion in Swanage. (It was originally going to be on the outskirts of Wareham.)
- No economic strategy to find jobs
- Transport Strategy that relies on a few more buses to solve congestion.
- No specific protection for AoNB (our countryside)
Swanage Town and Community Partnership are hoping to run a session at Funworld on Sat 14th July to help people respond to this consultation.
The next STCP quarterly meeting will be on Thursday, 13th September at 2.30pm.