Among other things:
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION TIME:
- Safe bathing: question asked about extending the safe bathing zone: answer - is being discussed with PDC. Also reviewing the 5 knot marker buoys, both for uniformity and position
- Institute Road: can someone do something about the damaged pavements? DCC Councillor Hiett was present and agreed to pursue. Discussion ensued about enforcement of loading bay, stopping people parking on pavements; suggestion made that Loading Bay should be marked in yellow paint, and say Trade Vehicles Only.
- Jurassic Coast signs: temporary metal signs didn't get placed this summer; stone ones in preparation
- Bike racks on Quay: have been put in wrong place
- Local Development Plan: this PDC document comes out on 29 September,for publlic consultation until 10 November, will determine strategy for all of us for next 20 YEARS. Can be viewed at PDC offices, in libraries and on PDC website (from 29/9).
- Britain in bloom: Swanage won a Silver Award in the RHS Britain in Bloom contest, in the Coastal Resorts category; Durlston Country Park won a Conservation and Environment Award for its work
- Funding opportunity: A charity (the Scarman Trust) has some funds available for community projects. Please contact Mike Hadley (427277 or mail@mikehadley) or the Town Clerk for more details.