Friday, December 28, 2007

ACCESSIBLE SWANAGE

Thanks to everybody who supported my campaign to improve the town's pavements for users of mobility scooters, wheelchairs and baby buggies.

When I started in 2004, I found that the town, district and county councils all wanted improvements, but were having difficulty coordinating action.

By various means I managed to get more drop kerbs installed in Swanage over the last three years.

I am pleased to say there is now a plan across the county to provide a consistent approach to the provision of drop kerbs.

This follows on from "a report in February 2007... and a letter sent to the Town/Borough/Boroughs on 18th October on the subject of Footway Dropped (Tactile ) Kerb Provision" – NS Hamer, Dorset County Council.

Now that the professionals are working on it, I'm taking a back seat and have made all my findings available on my website - go to www.stevedarrington.com and click on the link to "Accessible Swanage".



Posted by Steve Darrington to swanageview at 3:10 PM

No comments: