Sunday, June 15, 2008

Swanage Blues & Roots Festival on 3, 4 and 5 October 2008

Support for the new festival?

Last October I organised a new event, the first Swanage Blues & Roots Festival. It was an undoubted success, attracting even more people to the town than the usual March blues festivals.

I will be attempting the second Swanage Blues & Roots Festival on 3, 4 and 5 October 2008. If you wish to take part or can assist in any way, please let me know.

Individuals can spread the word, give out business card-size flyers or put up a poster.
Businesses can advertise, put up a poster, display business card-size flyers, make a donation or have a window display over the weekend.

If you own or run a suitable venue, you might want to have some live music. Even if you do not have an entertainments licence, temporary ones can be obtained for only £21 total for up to 4 days - I have details.

If you are interested, or know somebody who could be, please contact me.

This festival will be the 10th one I've organised. These events are held out of season so as to bring a considerable amount of money to the town when Swanage most needs it.

They take up nearly all my time and I fund them out of my own money, which is not a lot because I am in a wheelchair and unable to tour as a professional musician any more.

I can only make this new October event work with your encouragement and support. Please help me to ensure that the festivals continue. Thank you.

Steve Darrington
Tel: 01929 422338
Website: www.bluesroots.org
Email: s.darrington@btopenworld.com

No comments: