Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Council blues?

3 weeks ago my 2yr old daughter and i were tourists in your town.We payed parking.Bought in shops.Ate in restraunts.Rode the train.went on a boat.We raved about having a fab time.until we got a £60 parking ticket for the ticket dropping on the car floor.I wrote to explain and presented our ticket.i am now charged £10 for admin fees? A piece of paper,an envelope and a stamp? Outragious. I phoned the council and quieried the fees.To be told by a bolshy woman."you are wasting my time". We will not be a tourist in your town again.

--
Posted by Anonymous to swanage view at 10/11/2005 10:41:03 AM

4 comments:

The Postman said...

If you got this treatment from the Town Council, I suggest you write to the Town Clerk (Mr A Leeson) explaining what happened. I'm sure they would not allow anyone to be treated this rudely if they had a geunine reason and politely explained their situation. Indeed, I hear they take great offence if any member of the public is ever rude to any of their employees.

Anonymous said...

This doesn't surprise me. The notice in the car park in the station yard says "no excuses accepted" as if we were a lot of 7 year olds at school who deserved to be given 100 lines for talking in class. Shows what the council think of the people who elect them and pay the bills.

Anonymous said...

if you want free parking 24/7 with secure access, then become a councilor and get free parking behind the town hall. You also get the added bonus of doing anything you want without listening to the views of either the residents or tourists.

Anonymous said...

Rowland Hughes says: I'm extremely sorry you've been treated like this, but we're all in the same boat. The other day an efficient warden gave us a ticket for 10 minutes late (admittedly) on a 2 hour stay in Bournemouth. Fine £30 - no excuses. This is the way of Tony's Britain I fear and not the way of Swanage. I dislike it every bit as much as you do and take great care in this town to be parking PC at every moment as the over zealous wardens take no priisoners. Re the rude official, which is your real complaint, I would have got her name and made a complaint. Not that easy, but she shouldn't be too hard to track down. You'll find most people in Swanage would support you.