Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Behaviour

I must confess to being one of the old Brigade! One that still thinks that our way of life. Our society. Our institutions are sacrosanct. So I am angered by the verdict on those rich young yobs that defiled the floor of the House of Commons. To be given a slap on the wrist for behaviour like that, is unforgivable.For me, they should have spent some time in the jug. Bread and water diet, if nothing else to make them see there is another side of life beyond their pampered surroundings. That begs the question; there are armed police on guard round the house at all times. What then? if an armed policeman spotted one of these yobs and had him in his rifle sights……Would he be failing in his duty if he did not open fire? After all, his remit is to protect the House from terrorist and intruders… How are they to know the difference? Dancing Ledge
--
Posted by Anonymous to swanage view at 5/28/2005 06:03:44 PM

Note from your moderator: shoud we keep posts on this site to subjects that are clearly specific to Swanage? Or not? I suppose behaviour matters everywhere...and I'm reluctant to edit any comments. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear what you say Moderator. Trouble being, not a lot happens in Swanage...That in itself I suppose, is a blessing?
Dancing Ledge

Anonymous said...

And there is of course the possibility of copycat insurgencies at Swanage Town Hall by the likes of Fathers Against Sea Court or perhaps the more militant members of the Women’s Institute.

Anonymous said...

The womens institute? never take them lightly! or for granted, Just imagine all those flowered hats..
All lined up in rows, waiting to savage any mere male!

Stone me! fair makes me shudder the very thought......
Dancing Laedge