Monday, May 02, 2005

The Election

Can we talk about the Election here? Surprised no one has done so yet. Anyone else finding it difficult to decide? As I see it., JIm Knight seems to have done a decent job for Dorset — but in all honesty, how can you vote for a party that lied to get us into war? And also how can you vote for someone who gets up to the tricks of the Tories, what with fiddling photographs and inventing dramas that they can pretend to solve -eg saying that places were going to close unless they saved them: like the Swanage police station, the coastguard, the hospital, St Georges school, etc. Yet if you vote for the Liberal Democrats is the vote wasted? Do they have a chance of getting in? Enlighten me, someone?

--
Posted by Anonymous to swanage view at 5/2/2005 10:24:13 AM

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that this lot have delivered 8 years of steady growth. No recession, while others Nations were suffering the scourge of high unemployment.

I recall what President Clinton said about the election "Its the economy, stupid" good economy? good living, bad economy? misery!

This bloke we have now, seems to have done a pretty good job for our end of Dorset. I think I will give him another go.

Better than the last one we had, he done nothing.
Dancing Ledge

Anonymous said...

I can only agree qith Dancing Ledge on this. I once looked up the list of Parliamentary questions asked by Ian Bruce, the previous MP and found they were all about the IT industry and none of them were about Dorset South. Even though I spend a disproportionate amount of my life looking at the web I'd rather have an MP who had their eyes on the constituency.

Anonymous said...

Interesting how things pan out.

Tactical voting can decide who wins Dorset East,The liberals have no chance here, but have the ability to vote tactics, and keep the Tory out, the same way that in other areas, the labour have voted for the liberals with the same idea.
I wonder just what will happen on the night? for I am not sure how? If at all, that swayed the voting here last election?

It is important that folks do vote. Too many people in our past made too any sacrifices not to.
Dancing Ledge

The Postman said...

check out the 'Blair rap'

The Postman said...

I'll try that again: check out the Blair rap:


http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=2201&rtn=index-topten

Anonymous said...

Pleased to see the labour MP back on South Dorset. not so much about party politics. I think he retained the narrowest margin in the Country, despite a swing away from the Government, for one reason.

He fought hard for Dorset South and deserved being returned again.
Dancing Ledge