Friday, April 27, 2007

New Festival for Swanage

After the tremendous success of the 8th Annual Blues Festival at the beginning of March, I am now organising a new and exciting event for October 2007 to help boost the local economy during the most miserable month of the year!

The Blues and Roots Festival will be held during the weekend October 5-7 and will run in a similar vein to the Blues Festival, with many top acts appearing in different venues around the area.

The accent will be on vibrant and exciting music, especially acoustic, that stirs the soul and makes you feel good to be alive, with dancing, workshops, jam sessions and buskers.

You can take part. Join in a jam session, attend a workshop, gig or dance along to the joyous rhythms! And if this sounds too energetic for you, you can still be part of it if you wish: put up a poster, advertise your business from only £12, make a small donation, tell your friends, customers, or offer to deliver a few leaflets.

You see, it’s taken me six years of hard work to make the Blues Festivals in March so successful – and for the last three years I’ve been in a wheelchair – but with your help, we can make this a wonderful experience for us all first time round!

For furher information please contact me by writing to Steve Darrington, Tourist Information Centre, Shore Road, Swanage, Dorset BH19 1LB; e-mail s.darrington@btopenworld.com or phone 01929 422338. Thank you.

Posted by Steve Darrington to swanage view at 9:14 AM

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM VERY ANNOYED.

How come we only get ONE.

Virtual Swanage is having TWO Blues fests.

Don't overdo it Steve, cuz your weekends are great.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone considered doing a summer reggae/soul festival?

The Postman said...

You just did. Are you up for it?

Anonymous said...

qtIf I knew how to do it I would love to,seriously.
I don't think there is anything like this in our area and think it would create a lot of interest and revenue in the town.
I know the late Desmond Dekker and Toots & the Maytals played a festival near Blandford a few years back and the Easy Star All Stars are at the Larmer Tree this year.
I would love to be involved in something like this.

Anonymous said...

why not start off by offering to help the carnival or one of the festivals, to see how it's done

Anonymous said...

I organise events and festivals. I'd love to co ordiante something like this. If someone can give me a budget, I'll put on the best show this town has ever seen! Ahh, budget... who'd like to pay for it?
Matt