Thursday, June 09, 2005

Do Councillors belong?

I wanted to e-mail Swanage North councillor Bill Trite.Couldn't find any e-mail address.I thought the PDC councillors could all get free computers.But on the PDC web site it only lists his address and telephone number.What I started to wonder is how he has an address in the centre of Swanage and a phone number in Corfe Castle.Someone told me he does have an e-mail address. But that it is not given out to the public.According to the contact details on the PDC web site he lives in Swanbrook Mews, Kings Road, Swanage. But the old phone number, a Swanage 427 prefix, that is listed on the Swanage Town Council web site is not listed on the more uptodate PDC site.The new one listed on the PDC website has a 481 prefix. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that was Corfe Castle or thereabouts. Someone said he'd moved out of Swanage to Norden years ago.I've been told there is someone living at the Swanbrook Mews place. Though not Councillor Trite.I started wondering when he moved out of Swanage.Not that it matters.Though I think people have to live within a few miles of the parish border to be able to be elected to the town council.Surely no one would be so keen to be on the town council they'd say they were living in the town when they weren't?

--
Posted by Anonymous to swanage view at 6/9/2005 03:50:17 PM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In answer to your main question, I believe Mr Trite lives out somewhere near the Halfway Inn - so nearer Wareham than Swanage! Yes, strange isn't it that people love power so much they want to be on the Council in a place where they don't even live. I heard, for example, that he only found out about the landslide at Durlston in the last 12 months! So not exactly finger on the pulse material. I suggest you contact the Swanage Town Clerk to get an email address for him. Try: a.leeson@swanage.gov.uk

Anonymous said...

I noticed some time ago that Colin Bright's election material gave a correspondence address in Sandbanks. I thought he must have been forward looking to live there, and still take an interest in Swanage, so voted for him...

Anonymous said...

Rowland Hughes says: In the link on this page to Swanage Council's own site, proceed to "Councillors" at http://www.swanage.gov.uk/fr.asp?section=council&topnav=Local%20Council&basenav=home
.....and lo and behold...not a single councillor's contact details, and just a phone and fax number for the Town Clerk. There's nothing like being accountable to your electorate..........

The Postman said...

There are some phone numbers and addresses given in the Best Value Performance Plan (available free from the Town Hall). Though some councillors just list the Town Hall address and phone number as their contact point!